1. Make sure that the irrigation controller you want to work with is displayed in the BaseManager footer. To select a different controller, click the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of the BaseManager page, and then click Sites and Controllers. Continue drilling down until you can select the desired controller.
2. Make sure the zone biCoder that you want to assign is connected to the two-wire path of the irrigation controller displayed in the BaseManager footer.
3. Position the cursor on the Devices tab, and then click Zones in the menu that displays.
4. Click Assign biCoders. BaseManager searches for the biCoders that are connected to your controller.
5. In the Serial Number column of the Zone ID row, click the drop-down arrow and then click the serial number of the biCoder that you want to assign to the zone.
6. Click in the Description column and type a description that makes the zone easy to identify.
7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 until you have assigned all zones.
8. Configure the zone settings. Refer to Updating Zone Details.