Table of ContentsSetting the MAD Limit Switch from WeatherTRAK.netSetting the MAD Limit Switch from the ET Pro3/LC+ ControllerSetting the MAD Limit Switch from the ET Pro2 Controller
MAD is the maximum allowed depletion rate at which the soil gets dry enough before irrigation has to occur. The MAD level is just before plants begin to show visible signs of stress. Irrigators typically start watering at or before MAD is reached. View the PDF document attached to this article for a great graphic that explains MAD.
The MAD Limit Switch is a special feature that limits the amount of water being applied to your landscape to make up for maximum allowable depletion levels. When irrigating sports turf, it is often necessary to limit the amount of watering. Using the MAD Limit switch can help you do this. When the MAD limit switch is turned on, the WeatherTRAK controller will never apply more than a 50% depletion during extreme weather conditions. The MAD limit switch is an advanced feature for a special set of users. In most cases, it should be left in the default, or off position.
Setting the MAD Limit Switch from WeatherTRAK.net
1. From the Smart Irrigation tab, select Program.
2. In the Controller window, select the desired controller.
3. Open the Set-Up menu.
4. Next to the MAD limit switch, click ON.
Setting the MAD Limit Switch from the ET Pro3/LC+ Controller
1. Press the SETUP button.
2. Press the à button until the MAD LIMIT SWITCH screen displays.
3. Press the + or – button to turn the MAD Limit Switch ON.
4. Press the à button until the SETUP menu is complete.
Setting the MAD Limit Switch from the ET Pro2 Controller
1. Turn the MAIN Knob to SETUP.
2. Turn the UPPER KNOB until the MAD LIMIT SWITCH screen displays.
3. Turn the LOWER KNOB to set the MAD Limit Switch to ON.
4. Turn the UPPER KNOB until the SETUP menu is complete.