Baseline's WeatherAccess™ uses real-time weather data from a weather station in your area. Our BaseManager central control platform connects to Weather Underground's weather station network, which enables you to select weather stations close to your irrigation controller locations.
Weather Underground's weather station network includes thousands of personal weather stations as well as National Weather Service and public stations.
You can connect to multiple weather stations in BaseManager, but you can only assign one weather station to an irrigation controller.
1. After you have logged into BaseManager, click the "Menu" icon in the upper-left corner of the page.
2. In the menu, click "Administration".
3. In the next menu, click "Manage Weather Stations".
4. In the Weather Station table, click "Add Weather Station".
5. In the "Weather Station ID" field, type or paste Weather Underground's ID for the weather station that you want to connect to. If you don't know the ID of the weather station, click "Find Weather Station" in the upper-right corner of the page. Refer to the topic on Finding a Weather Station in Your Area.
6. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page. BaseManager verifies that a valid station ID was entered and verifies that the Weather Station is collecting the following data points that are required for ET calculations.
- Atmospheric pressure
- Dew point
- Wind speed
- Solar radiation (If the weather station does not provide this value, Baseline's system will estimate it.)