Table of ContentsIntroductionShutting Down Power to the PedestalEthernet Switch Mounting InstructionsPower Connector InstructionsAttaching the FlowStation ModuleAttaching the Ethernet CablesTurning the Power On
Baseline’s FlowStation is available as an add-on module that is installed inside a pedestal enclosure with a BaseStation 3200 irrigation controller.
The FlowStation module comes with a 5-port ruggedized Ethernet switch (BL-ETH-SW).
When the FlowStation is ordered with a BaseStation 3200 irrigation controller in a pedestal, the FlowStation module is installed in the pedestal at the factory.
The following instructions describe the steps for installing the add-on module into a pedestal that is already in service.
You will need a Phillips head screwdriver.
Shutting Down Power to the Pedestal
1. On the BaseStation 3200, turn the dial to the Off position.
2. Open the lower door on the pedestal and locate the on/off key on the power box.
3. Remove the screw that fastens the key to the box. Put the screw in a safe place because you will need to replace it later.
4. Insert the key into the on/off switch and press it down to turn the power off.
5. Remove the key and reattach it with the screw to prevent it from being misplaced.
Ethernet Switch Mounting Instructions
1. Before proceeding, verify that the power is off. The LEDs on the BaseStation 3200 faceplate should not be illuminated.
2. Move the Ethernet radio module out of the way:
- Remove the screws used to mount the Ethernet radio module to the back wall. You may be able to move the Ethernet radio module toward the center of the pedestal without disconnecting the power and antenna cables. If not, remove the power and antenna cables, and then set the Ethernet radio module aside in a clean location.
3. On the inside left wall, remove the nuts on the lower edge of the external antenna assembly, and then remove the screws. Set the nuts aside to be reused later.
4. Align the holes on the Ethernet switch mounting plate with the holes on the inside wall of the pedestal.
The photo on the right shows a cell modem module on the mounting plate with the Ethernet switch. The cell modem module may not be present in your configuration.
5. Locate the 2 long screws that were provided with the Ethernet switch. Working from the outside of the pedestal, push the screws through the holes on the pedestal wall and through the holes on the Ethernet switch mounting plate.
6. Thread the nuts onto the screws and tighten them.
7. Replace the Ethernet radio module and reconnect the power and antenna cables if necessary.
8. Continue with the Power Connector instructions below.
Power Connector Instructions
1. Locate the 5-pin splitter that is included with the Ethernet switch.
2. Inside the pedestal, locate the pair of 5-pin connectors on the upper end of the control board.
The photo below shows the dust cover removed from the control board. You may not need to remove the cover to access the 5-pin connectors.
3. Carefully remove the plug from the lower connector.
4. Attach the 5-pin splitter onto the lower connector.
5. Attach the plug that you removed from the control board onto one of the connectors on the 5-pin splitter.
6. Attach the end of the power cord from the Ethernet switch to the other connector on the 5- pin splitter.
7. Continue with the Attaching the FlowStation Module instructions below.
Attaching the FlowStation Module
1. Make sure the power cable is untangled and routed around the top of the module.
2. On the middle of the three attachment points for the FlowStation module (directly above the capacitor on the control board), put a washer on one of the stainless steel screws, and then partially thread the screw into the standoff.
3. On the mounting plate attached to the back of the FlowStation module, find the V-shaped notch. Align that notch with the screw that you inserted in step 2.
4. Align the other two holes on the mounting plate with the upper attachment points and partially thread a stainless steel screw into each hole.
Tip: To put the screws in these hard-to-reach locations, you might want to use a magnetic screwdriver.
5. Verify that the screw with the washer is securely seated in the V-shaped notch on the mounting plate, and then tighten the two screws at the top of the FlowStation module.
6. Attach the FlowStation power cable to the connector on the right side of the BaseStation 3200 control board.
7. Tuck the extra power cable length under the FlowStation module.
Attaching the Ethernet Cables
1. Plug one end of each Ethernet cable into a port on the Ethernet switch.
2. Route the 3’ Ethernet patch cable through the top of the pedestal and plug the end into the Ethernet port on the back of the BaseStation 3200 display board.
3. Plug another Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of the FlowStation module.
4. Attach an Ethernet cable to the communication module (such as a cell modem gateway or Ethernet radio) and to one of the ports on the Ethernet switch. Repeat this step for any additional communication modules.
5. In another Ethernet port, connect an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet wall jack, if needed.
Turning the Power On
1. Remove the screw that fastens the key to the box.
2. Insert the key into the on/off switch and press it up to turn the power on.
3. Remove the key and reattach it with the screw to prevent it from being misplaced.
4. Verify that the Power LED is illuminated on the BaseStation 3200 faceplate.
5. Turn the BaseStation 3200 dial to the Run position.
6. Refer to the FlowStation Quick Start Guide and the FlowStation User Manual for configuration instructions.