Instructions for Using the BL-5201PR to Turn On a Pump Relay
Activating a Normally Open Relay
1. Connect the red and black wires on the biCoder to the red and black wires from the two-wire path that connects to the controller. Polarity matters! All connections must have 3M™ DBR/Y-6 or equivalent connectors.
2. Connect the gray wire from the BL-5201PR biCoder to one wire from the 24VAC transformer.
3. Connect the other wire from the transformer to the relay.
4. Connect the white wire with the black stripe from the BL-5201PR biCoder to the common wire on the relay.
5. Cap the gray wire with the black stripe.
6. Configure the BL-5201PR in the controller.
Red and black wires: Connect to the two-wire path
Gray wire: Normally open wire that is used to turn a relay on or to close a switch
Gray wire with the black stripe: Normally closed wire that is used to turn off a relay or to open a switch
White wire with the black stripe: Common wire
The BL-5201PR biCoder can also be used for the following:
- Turn off a relay
- Open a switch
- Close a switch
Refer to the instructions on the back page for installation instructions for these alternate uses.