Table of ContentsNavigating Through Site Map Adding a New AssetMoving Assets on the MapEdit Asset DetailsAssigning an AssetUnassigned AssetsImport AssetsBack-Up of Asset LocationsAsset Images
Site Map is an inventory and tracking tool available to all WeatherTRAK Central users. Site Map gives you the ability to pinpoint the location of various water control assets, from controllers to pumps, valves, sprinkler heads, and more. Visualize all of your site’s inventoried assets at a glance.
- Site Map can be used as an inventory tool, giving you a visual representation of the assets you have on your site. Track site-specific information such as site address, landscape maintainer, and specific location of the asset.
- Site Map can also be used as a tracking tool for work orders. You can look at a site’s assets to get a good picture, then decide what work needs to be done.
- Site Map can help with repairs. If you are sending contractors or maintainers to do repairs, you can point them to the exact location where they need to be on the site to do the repair.
Site Map works in conjunction with WeatherTRAK mobile. Changes made in Site Maps through WeatherTRAK mobile are mirrored and saved to WeatherTRAK Central. For more information about WeatherTRAK Mobile and site map, read Using Site Map with the WeatherTRAK Mobile.
Navigating Through Site Map
From the home page in WeatherTRAK Central, select the Site Map tab. The Site Map screen displays. The example below shows that the site's assets are marked with icons representing the different assets and their locations on the site. A hierarchy of assets on the site shows what assets are assigned to controllers and stations. Assets that are unassigned are listed separately.
Selecting an icon on the map reveals the asset name, type, and location. You can also select and view from the populated list that displays to the left of the screen.
Adding a New Asset
1. Select Add New Asset.
2. The Add New Asset window displays. Complete the following information where appropriate:
Asset Type: Choose from the drop-down list
Identifier: Note any unique features of the asset that may help to identify it
Description: Write a brief description of the asset
Purchase Price: Enter in how much the asset cost
Location: Give details and landmarks as to where the asset is located
Latitude/Longitude: The coordinates are pre-populated with the site’s controller location. Use a GIS system to obtain the coordinates if you would like to manually enter them in.
Model Details: Enter in the manufacture, make model and serial number and date installed. This information will help to expedite equipment replacement in the future.
Size: Enter in the size and size units. This information will help in the configuration and replacement of parts.
3. Click Save.
Moving Assets on the Map
After activating a controller, the controller is automatically placed into the location based on the address provided by the customer during the activation process. You will need to adjust the controller to its exact location when getting started.
1. Unlock the asset icons by deselecting the lock option in the Lock Icons field.
2. Click the icon you want to move and drag to reposition it.
3. When finished, select the Lock Icons box to prevent accidental changes to the map.
Edit Asset Details
1. Click the asset icon you want to edit. A pop-up displays.
2. Click the asset name.
3. The Asset Details page displays.
4. Select Edit.
5. Edit the details, then click Save.
Assigning an Asset
In Site Map, assets are assigned to a controller and/or station. Assets can be assigned through WeatherTRAK mobile or through WeatherTRAK Central. When assigning assets through our mobile app, you will not need to assign those assets again in WT Central. Data entered through the app is saved and mirrored in WeatherTRAK Central.
Assets that display as unassigned in WeatherTRAK Central are assets that were added prior to May of 2020. It is always good practice to make sure that unassigned assets are assigned to the proper controller, especially if there are multiple controllers on a site. Assets assigned through WeatherTRAK mobile will not be found in unassigned assets.
1. From the home page in WeatherTRAK Central, select the Site Map tab.
2. Select Unassigned Assets.
3. Use the + icon to expand the list, and select the asset you want to assign.
4. Click the Details tab. The Asset Details page displays.
5. Select Edit Asset.
6. In the Asset Assigned to field, select the controller and station (if applicable) that you want to assign the asset to.
7. Click Save to finish.
The Import Asset feature allows you to import assets from another platform into WeatherTRAK Central. To get started, you will need to copy and complete the template. A sample template is available from the Site Map page.
Back-Up of Asset Locations
With Asset Manager, you can always go back to a prior date and time to see where your assets were located. To revert your asset map to a prior date and time:
1. Locate the Load asset coordinates as of: field at the bottom of the satellite map.
2. Use the date and time calendars to enter the date and time you want to revert to.
3. Select Load. Asset locations will then be updated to the date and time you just specified.
If asset photos have been taken via the app, those photos are stored in a folder in Site Map. From Site Map, you can open, view, and download the photos. Please note that the Asset Image folder is non-editable, meaning you cannot remove pictures, but you can rename images if necessary. The Asset Images folder is available on the Asset Details page in the Documents section.