1. Connect the red and black wires on the decoder to the red and black wires from the 2-wire path that connects to the controller. It is critical that polarity be maintained.
2. Connect the gray wire from the Pump Start decoder to one wire from the 24VAC transformer.
3. Connect the other wire from the transformer to the relay.
4. Connect the white wire with the black stripe from the Pump Start decoder to the common wire on the relay.
5. Cap the gray wire with the black stripe.
NOTE: The common wires cannot be shared between different decoders.