You can place markers on the BaseManager maps to represent sites, controllers, zones, and other two-wire devices. You can also add custom markers that represent non-Baseline items. Refer to How Do I Add a Custom Marker?
A distinct map is presented for each of the following levels. No markers display on the maps by default. You must add markers as needed to the maps at each level.
Company – You can add markers for your sites, and add custom markers to the company-level map.
Current Site – You can add markers for your controllers, and add custom markers to the site-level map.
Current Controller – You can add markers for your zones and two-wire devices. You can also add custom markers.
1. In the main BaseManager interface, click the "Maps" tab, and then click the level that you want to add a marker to. A blue check mark displays next to the map level that is selected.
2. Save a new map view, if necessary. Refer to How Do I Save a Map View?
3. Click the "Edit" button in the lower-right corner. The Edit Maps menu displays on the left side of the page.
4. Click the "Markers" option. The list of available markers displays.
5. Click the type of device that you want to add to the map. The category opens and shows a list of devices that can be added to the map. These devices have a "+" in the row. If devices in the list have an "X" in the row, it means that a marker for the device is already placed on the map.
6. Perform one of the following:
- To place a marker for a new device, click directly on the "+" in the row.
- To replace a marker for a device that is already on the map, click on the "X" in the row for that device. The "X" is replaced with a "+" . Click directly on the "+" in the row.
7. Move the cursor to the map. The cursor changes to cross hairs. Position the cross hairs on the map where you want the marker to be located. Click and release the left mouse button.
Repeat steps 5 - 7 until you have added markers for all your devices.
Click the "Save" button. When the markers display in the new map view, you will notice that they show a color to indicate their status. Refer to How Do I View the Status Color Key?